Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A "Sensitive" Topic

It is my first post in Japan, but I have something we need to discuss. Can we talk? Can we talk about something sort of….private?
Here is what we’ll do. I’ll type a word and you decide if you want to keep reading. This word can put some people on edge, but I’m willing to take a chance.
Are you ready? Here it is.

Toilets.

Yes, I’m discussing Japanese toilets. If you are grossed out and will read no further, it’s ok. I get it. Check in another time.
This is the control panel attached to the side of my hotel toilet.



It has washing features. It has many levels of adjustments. I think it has music and I know the seat is heated. Can you see the Braille?

Does the Fourth grade boys’ bathroom have something like this?

From what I understand we aren’t dealing with a fancy model here. Some have digital clocks, blow dryers and a button to automatically open and close the lid. They cost from $2,000 to $4,000.

Hum…. I could get use to this.
No KenYen for this post. Too gross

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Kennedy:

I want one of those toilets. Can you fit one in your extra suitcase for me????

Mrs. Waldmann

Anonymous said...

I want one too! Is it self-cleaning? I gotta get one!
Wendy White