Here I am bowing to Mrs. Delaney in the Front Office. I'm saying, "Hello Helen, thank you for all the behind the scenes work you do every day.:
Here I am bowing to Mrs. Tolbert a Learning Lab teacher. I'm saying, "Good bye, I'm going to Japan and will not spend one brain cell thinking about MAP testing schedules."
.
Here I am bowing to Ms. Gagnon, a kindergarten teacher. I'm saying Thank you for helping me get J-Dude to school while I'm in Japan.
.
Here I am bowing to Mrs. Johnson our Gifted and Talented teacher. I'm saying Excuse Me but could you teach me some advanced math?
.
Miss G, my daughter, has been busy trying to teach Mogee, our cat, how to bow. He isn’t very good at it. We don't think he has the internal motivation to give it his best effort.
I know what you are thinking. “Mrs. Kennedy. Bowing is simple. I want to learn about sumo wrestling!” Not so fast my friends. Bowing in Japan is sort of complicated. There are different ways of bowing. Depending on how “important” or how old the person is to whom you are bowing, the lower you go and the longer you stay there.
On Sunday evening I will be having dinner at the Japanese Consulate’s home in San Francisco. Imagine how low and long I will have to bow there!
To earn some KenYen, click here to find out what a Consulate does.

7 comments:
Kennedy-san,
Your Blogsite really ROCKS! In fact, it's our all-time favorite- we read it every day...
We hope you have a GREAT time in Japan. We're VERY proud of you!
Love, Mom and Dad
P.S.
How many Ken-Yen do I get for this note?
What an incredible blog you are creating... so informative, fun and humorous!! I love the bowing photos and the one of your daughter and Mogee, too. You are so creative and have a delightful style. I wish that I were a student at your school!
Mrs. Kennedy,
I'm so excited for you as you embark on this trip. Lewis-Palmer Elementary School is lucky to have you as one of our teachers. I can't wait to read your blog every day and see what exciting adventures you are up to!
We hope that you will rest well on your long flight to Japan. The great dinner at the Consulate's home should fill you up to hibernate on the flight. On the otherhand, you may be so excited that you can hardly rest. Many bows to you!
I'm so excited for you, Mrs. Kennedy-san! Traveling is such a critical part of learning about our world.
Just a hint... Mogee might be more movitated to practice his bowing if a kitty treat or mousie were involved. Just a thought...
We will miss you while you are gone but look forward to reading your posts!
Hugs,
Mrs. Roscoe
Hello Mrs. Kennedy!!!
Mrs. Holland and I are checking your blog and showing our tech classes the news from Japan. We are excited to learn new things and read about the wonderful experiences you are having. Have fun!!
Mrs. Waldmann
Many Chinese consuls where involved in my adoption from China to Colorodo.
Leah Goldberg
P.S I hope you are having fun in Japan.
Post a Comment