Have you seen when the Coca Cola employee has the vending machine open? They empty the coins, restock the can supply and sometimes change the drinks offered? Guess what! They do that in Japan too! My "Special", which I found out later was ice tea, was GONE!
I did what any sensible teacher allowing students to choose what she should drink in a foreign country would do. I went with choice number two. I got a Pocari Sweat.
The thought of drinking sweat isn't too appealing. For you though, I was up to the challenge.
I did a bit of research and found that Pocari in Japanese means "like a cloud floating in the sky". This explains the blue and white bottle. Sweat means sweat. This is a sports drink meant to replace electrolyes lost during exercise. Come see me in the Library. I'll show you the bottle.
How does it taste? Ok. It is like a watered down Gatorade - Yellow Flavor.
Frankly, when I went to Japan I was on the lookout for this Coca Cola product in a vending machine.

Darn. I couldn't find it.

1 comment:
Yay, our drink won! Just glad we didn't have to drink it!
Post a Comment