Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Final Post... or is it?

To KenYen Collectors and Family Learning Adventure Travelers:
This will be the final stop on our Japan Journey. Can you believe how much we've all learned? Throughout our adventure I've admired your bravery, curiousity and the fact that you were not afraid to ask questions. These are all excellent qualities to have in lfe and when traveling. We have learned much about Japanese culture and have grown to appreciate our similarities and differences.
Click here to read the online article originally published in the Tri-Lakes Tribune newspaper.
Think about the places you’d like to visit and explore. I hope we travel together again soon.

To my supporters:
I thank the Japanese government for inviting me to explore Japan and funding the JFMF program over the last 12 years.
I thank the administration at Lewis Palmer School District for giving me the opportunity to share another culture with our students and community.
I thank my Japanese friends in Tokyo for once again taking me under their wing making me feel welcome.
I thank my new Japanese friends in Takeo for making my host city experience unique and wonderful.
I thank my American teacher friends for the respect and kindness we shared as a group.
I thank my fellow teachers and friends for agreeing to help coordinate schedules while I was away.
Finally, I thank Mr. Jim, J-Dude and Miss G. for the support, patience and enthusiasm that allowed me to dream about being a part of this journey in the first place.

No comments: